This conversation has been locked.

A Letter to Our Photoshop Elements Users

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Fellow Photoshop Elements Users,

With the new Mac OS 10.15 Catalina release, there have been a lot of questions regarding what the impact upon Adobe products will be. As a Mac and Adobe product user myself, I can empathize with your concern.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 4.33.10 PM.png

I know many of you have reached out via email to ask specific tech questions and about system requirements. I would recommend reading this thorough Helpx article written by our product experts

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-mac-64bit-compatibility.html

. Our team is actively testing and logging known issues, and our product team is diligently at work to resolve them for the next release. We are keeping a rolling log of known bugs that we are working to address here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

Additionally, users have had issues with third party plug-ins that are not compatible. You can read more on this issue here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/crash-incompatible-plugins.html

I also wanted to do my best to address the larger question from the User community regarding CS6 incompatibility with 10.15, and the current subscription-based model. Technology innovation continues to forge ahead at an unprecedented pace, and our OS partners are releasing new versions faster and more frequently than before. Adobe must also move with our technology partners and update our applications with new OS releases to provide you, our creative users, with the best experience. If you’ve upgraded your OS to 10.15, you will discover that the installer for CS6 no longer works. Unfortunately, CS6 is built on technologically that isincompatible with the new OS at a foundational level.

If you are used to a perpetual license, the switch to a subscription may seem daunting. I remember when I made the switch myself and waiting for buyer’s remorse to set in. It didn’t. As a user, I discovered that bug fixes and improvements to the user interface were continually being updated. I was thrilled to find that my Adobe creative software was always in lockstep with my computer updates. When I had a hard-drive failure, I dreaded having to rebuild my vast Lr Catalog. I was overwhelmed thinking about the number of hours it would take to get everything back to where I had it—even having a backup. I cannot tell you what a relief it was that Lr simply downloaded all of my settings and photos from the cloud. I still reconnected my locally stored images and catalog to a newly downloaded Lr app, but a week’s long process took a whole 10 minutes.

I discovered as a user, the subscription-based model enables Adobe to respond to new OS releases actively and quickly push out new versions that address compatibility bugs and issues. Subscription-based models also allow our engineers to develop new features suggested by our user community actively.  Things might feel a little bumpy immediately after an OS release, but we are working hard to ensure that the benefits will be far greater than the temporary discomfort.

Please know that your voice is heard. My team and I regularly share your requests and feedback with our product team. Your feedback is vital to helping us address issues so that we can push out the very best product updates to you so that you can continue to create.

Rebecca

Dear User,

Photoshop Elements 2019 and Premiere Elements 2019 contain some 32bit components which were not designed to work on macOS 10.15 Catalina. However, if you already upgraded to Catalina, and are facing issues launching/licensing the application, you can try the steps mentioned below.

Steps to try in case of Launch Failure in Elements 2019 on macOS 10.15:

1. Install the application if you have already not installed it on your mac.
  2. Once the installation is scuccessfully completed, make sure you have an active internet connection and you are able to browse through Adobe.com on your browser.
  3. Clicking the below link will download a DMG file on your computer, move the downloaded DMG file on your desktop.
  4. Link to download: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/prtk/Adobe_Provisioning_Toolkit_10_0_ALL.dmgScreenshot 2019-10-23 at 10.02.17 AM.png
  5. Double click to Mount the DMG file on your desktop, once mounted successfully, you shoud see a folder named: Adobe Provisoning Toolkit Enterprise Edition
  6. Open the above folder and inside which you should see an executable file named as adobe_prtkScreenshot 2019-10-23 at 10.03.00 AM.png

This file will be used to try and solve the problem.

How to use the above downloaded file in order to serialize the application:

1. Open Terminal using Spotlight Search
  2. Write 'Sudo' followed by a space and then drag and drop the executable file adobe_prtk from the above mentioned folder, this will look like below:
  3. Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 10.09.06 AM.png

4. Further depending on the application from PSE or PRE, type one of the below commands:
    1. Photoshop Elements: --tool=Serialize --serial=1057485858554544585454545 --leid=V7{}PhotoshopElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss 
    2. Premiere Elements: --tool=Serialize --serial=11432545254147858451125414 --leid=V7{}PremiereElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss 
  5. The final command should look like this: sudo <Path to Prtk tool>\adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --serial=1057485858554544585454545 --leid=V7{}PhotoshopElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss 
  6. Capture.PNG

7. NOTE: Please note that the in RED color in the above command needs to be replaced with your 24 digit serial numbers and should not be confused with your redemption code or any other number.
  8. Once you have typed the command successfully, press Enter and it should ask you for your password. 
  9. Enter your machine password
  10. Once correct password is entered and the command used as correct, the below message should be displayed.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 11.07.14 AM.png

Now try launching your application.

In case if you get anyother message other than what is displayed in the above screenshot, please share the command that you have used along with a screenshot of the message displayed. Please make sure that you hide your serial numbers before posting anything here, as this is a public forum and we do not want your serial numbers to be published 🙂

Hope this helps you to deal with Elements 2019 launch issue.

If the workaround works for you, please mark the reply as helpful so the other users can also know and try.

(EDITED) Some users have faced an issue that their Editor gets launched with the steps above, but Organizer does not. In this case, we can try the below command for organizer.

sudo <Path to Prtk tool>\adobe_prtk --tool=EULA –leid= V7{}ElementsOrganizer-2019-Mac-GM –eulasuppress

Happy to help you in case of any queries or issues that you encounter with the launch of Elements 2019 on macOS 10.15.

Regards

Vipin

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, How to, Import and export, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Oct 11, 2019 2
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very upset by my inability to reach anyone at your customer support number. I was on hold for over an hour and gave up. Here is my issue.  On August 2, 2019 I purchased Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements 2019 for the Mac. I was assured by the information from your web site that it was 64 bit compliant. Although I already own several versions of Photoshop Elements,' I needed a 64 bit version for Apples new operating system, Catalina. 

I recently checked to see what apps were not compliant and to my dismay I found that several segments of these apps were only 32 bit. Even the information on the back of the box is misleading, “ acOS 64-bit multicore processor. After 2 months my software is now unusable and the cost for upgrading is almost what I paid for the programs just a short time ago. This is NOT FAIR!

Your company should provide a free upgrade path that replace the 32 bit segments. 

I would appreciate a response to this email.

Sharyn 

Translate

Translate

Oct 22, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Photoshop Elements 2019 and Premiere Elements 2019 contain some 32bit components which were not designed to work on macOS 10.15 Catalina. However, if you already upgraded to Catalina, and are facing issues launching/licensing the application, you can try the steps mentioned below.

Steps to try in case of Launch Failure in Elements 2019 on macOS 10.15:

1. Install the application if you have already not installed it on your mac.
  2. Once the installation is scuccessfully completed, make sure you have an active internet connection and you are able to browse through Adobe.com on your browser.
  3. Clicking the below link will download a DMG file on your computer, move the downloaded DMG file on your desktop.
  4. Link to download: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/prtk/Adobe_Provisioning_Toolkit_10_0_ALL.dmgScreenshot 2019-10-23 at 10.02.17 AM.png
  5. Double click to Mount the DMG file on your desktop, once mounted successfully, you shoud see a folder named: Adobe Provisoning Toolkit Enterprise Edition
  6. Open the above folder and inside which you should see an executable file named as adobe_prtkScreenshot 2019-10-23 at 10.03.00 AM.png

This file will be used to try and solve the problem.

How to use the above downloaded file in order to serialize the application:

1. Open Terminal using Spotlight Search
  2. Write 'Sudo' followed by a space and then drag and drop the executable file adobe_prtk from the above mentioned folder, this will look like below:
  3. Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 10.09.06 AM.png

4. Further depending on the application from PSE or PRE, type one of the below commands:
    1. Photoshop Elements: --tool=Serialize --serial=1057485858554544585454545 --leid=V7{}PhotoshopElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss 
    2. Premiere Elements: --tool=Serialize --serial=11432545254147858451125414 --leid=V7{}PremiereElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss 
  5. The final command should look like this: sudo <Path to Prtk tool>\adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --serial=1057485858554544585454545 --leid=V7{}PhotoshopElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss 
  6. Capture.PNG

7. NOTE: Please note that the in RED color in the above command needs to be replaced with your 24 digit serial numbers and should not be confused with your redemption code or any other number.
  8. Once you have typed the command successfully, press Enter and it should ask you for your password. 
  9. Enter your machine password
  10. Once correct password is entered and the command used as correct, the below message should be displayed.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 11.07.14 AM.png

Now try launching your application.

In case if you get anyother message other than what is displayed in the above screenshot, please share the command that you have used along with a screenshot of the message displayed. Please make sure that you hide your serial numbers before posting anything here, as this is a public forum and we do not want your serial numbers to be published 🙂

Hope this helps you to deal with Elements 2019 launch issue.

If the workaround works for you, please mark the reply as helpful so the other users can also know and try.

(EDITED) Some users have faced an issue that their Editor gets launched with the steps above, but Organizer does not. In this case, we can try the below command for organizer.

sudo <Path to Prtk tool>\adobe_prtk --tool=EULA –leid= V7{}ElementsOrganizer-2019-Mac-GM –eulasuppress

Happy to help you in case of any queries or issues that you encounter with the launch of Elements 2019 on macOS 10.15.

Regards

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Oct 22, 2019 2
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic!

Your solution did work in my case!

Thank you very much.

I sure hope it keeps on working afer future updates of both PSE 2019 and IOS.

Translate

Translate

Nov 01, 2019 2
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

many tks for the workaround.....works fine 4 me 2!

Cheers

Daniel

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. Photoshop is now starting, but Organizer does not start...

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that this resolved your issue, could you please try the below command for Elements Organizer:

sudo <Path to Prtk tool>\adobe_prtk --tool=EULA –leid= V7{}ElementsOrganizer-2019-Mac-GM –eulasuppress

Thanks,

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vipin, your solution seems to have worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Nov 17, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips for getting Elements19 working on a new MacBookPro running 10.15.1. Have uninstslled, reinstalled, and tried the provisioning tool. Command line and response follow. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

sudo /Volumes/ProvisioningTool/Adobe\ Provisioning\ Toolkit\ Enterprise\ Edition/adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --serial=1057******************** --leid=V7{}PhotoshopElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss
Password:

Copyright 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated
All rights reserved.
Return Code = 14

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you connected to the Internet? Please check if you are able to connect to Adobe.com

Also it would be helpful, if you could please revalidate your serial number once again and make sure that you have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 Installed on your machine and HUB gets launched successfully.

Regards

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Vipin...

I'm definitely connected to the Internet, I've checked my serial number at account.adobe.com. I've rebooted and retried the provisioning command without success. Not sure what HUB is. If this is the launcher window that appears when you double-click Photoshop Elements, then yes, it is present and launches successfully; clicking on the Photo Editor icon returns the "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application." error.

Best regards.

-John

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had practically the same experience as Sharyn above. I was kept on hold for a long time until I got a message saying the techies had now gone home for the day and I could come back at 6 pm today (Sunday). It's now 7.20 pm and I am still waiting ...

My problem was that Organizer wouldn't work, Editor seemed OK. A person called Rupa at Adobe Help advised me to download the software again from a link he/she provided and to reinstall. So i did. And now Organizwer works, but not Editor!!

I had to install Catalina to get Final Cut Pro X to work. To my dismay my Lightroom 6 (that I bought less than a year ago!) does not work under Catalina. Rupa's advice was to buy another! (a subscription, which I cannot afford for my use). I really am NOT made of money, and now Elements Editor and Organizer are playing up... I hope Vipin's workaround actually works. I will certainly try it. Like Sharyn said, it is NOT FAIR that us ordinary, non-corporate users are treated this way. 

Translate

Translate

Nov 17, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin's solution appears to have worked. Not taking anything for granted, but thank you very much thus far, Vipin.

Translate

Translate

Nov 17, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ready to download PSE 2020, I installed Catalina and uninstalled my old PSE.  I tried to download the free trial from Safari and Chrome but nothing happens when I click on the download button.  Is it a problem on your site? Or do I need to try something else?

Translate

Translate

Oct 30, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected the DMG file from the pull-down menu? See my blog post for more information.

Translate

Translate

Oct 30, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not realize that when the pull down menu said "Download Photoshop Elements 2020" that it wasn't the correct thing.  This helped me.   Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Oct 30, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still experience problems try downloading from my Dropbox link for Mac OS - English.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6mm6p0hzl9ij4x/PhotoshopElements_2020_WWEFDJ.dmg

Download for Windows - English

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynzkqs872a68wfn/PhotoshopElements_2020_LS30_win64.exe

Translate

Translate

Oct 30, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks. Photoshop didn't start at all. Premiere did star, but stopt when Organizer didn't start... Help!

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin, I did everything you wrote but it didn't work all the way. Photoshop didn't start at all. Premiere did start but elements editor workspace didn't load. Please help me. M

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The commands are not expected to resolve all the cases, the command might work or might not.

This is only a workaround 🙂

But still to be sure, could you please confirm the version of Elements that you have? as the above commands are meant to be used only for Elements 2019.

Thanks

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin,

Yes it's elements 2019, photoshop and premiere. If I open photoshop or premiere this page (see image 1 below) comes up. If I continue with organizer, it works. If i continue with photoshop it stops as in image 2 (se below). 

If I open premiere it goes a little bit longer (see image 3) but ends as in the photoshop case. I'v tried all your suggestions, I've uninstalled and downloaded new versions. Nothing seems to help. I have a Macbook Pro 2016 with MacOS Catalina 10.15.1. Cheers Michael

1)

Skärmavbild 2019-11-07 kl. 09.06.26.png

2)

Skärmavbild 2019-11-07 kl. 09.10.32.png

3)

Skärmavbild 2019-11-07 kl. 09.12.41.png

Translate

Translate

Nov 07, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution worked but after its implementation there was an update to PSE 2019.

On installing the update the problem of PSE 2019 not launching reoccurred. Applied the workaround again and PSE 2019 is now running fine. Hopefully I do not have to apply this workaround after future updates.

Thany you

Robin

Translate

Translate

Nov 11, 2019 0